Part 5 – Add eye shadows
Eye shadows are one of the decorations on the face that accentuates the eyes. It brings focus to the eye (sure everyone wants eye contact and what a better way to establish eye contacts than to decorate it so that the viewer has something to dwell a little bit longer, perhaps some sparks may fly). Eye shadows in cosmetics come in different colors and shades too. I had once watched a Make-up Artist at work and wondered how she could spend an hour decorating 2 square inches of space.
Anyway, for those who are interested to add eye shadows on the eye lids here is my workflow:-
- Ctrl J – open a new layer
- Image>adjustments>color balance. Choose the colors and shade that you want. For this example I have chosen “blue” So I use the sliders to increase the blue. The photo may turn out bluish, don’t worry it is not the end of the world
- After you are satisfied with the color on the eye lids, drag this layer below the layer you have copied.
- Create a mask on the top layer by clicking the mask icon.
- Use the brush tool and adjust the size and softness of the brush.
- Don’t worry if it gets over the area. You can undo this by pressing “X” to toggle between the back and fore ground.
- Use the opacity slider to suit your taste.
- It is done.