Part 4 – Add rouge on the cheeks to give the face a healthy glow.
A hint of red on the cheeks gives the face a healthy glow. Don’t overdo this as your subject may end up as “Ah Lian”. The Cosmetic Industry has spent millions of dollars of research to come out with this wonder powder that gives the subject, usually female that gentle healthy look that was a reminiscence of their long gone childhood. So how do you do it in potatoechop?
Here is my workflow:-
1. Ctrl J – to open a new layer
2. Image > adjustments > color balance. Adjust the red slider to +ve and concentrate on the shade of red you want to the cheeks. Don’t worry if it is over saturated.
3. After you are satisfied, drag this layer below the last layer.
4. Use a mask on this layer by clicking the mask icon.
5. Select a brush, set it to soft. Adjust the size of the brush by using the “[“ for reducing and “]” for increasing the size.
6. Brush over the cheeks as you would do in a make up.
7. Use “opacity” slider and adjust to suit.
8. It is done. You may want to merge this 2 layers to proceed further.