This Canon 5D MkIII is a highly anticipated model. The popular Canon 5DMkII has been in the market for a very long time (in digital terms). This is the camera of choice by a lot of PMPE Alumni. It is lighter than the Canon 1D series and offers a full frame sensor.
There has been a lot of speculation on the specifications, looks and release dates. I had a talk with our local Canon Office and they can’t confirm the rumors or release dates. Anyway, here are some of the rumoured specifications flying around the internet world.
- Sensor – 22mp
- DiG!C 5+ Image Processor
- ISO 100-25600 (expandable to L:50 H1:51200, H2: 102400
- Focusing points – 61pt AF
- Viewfinder – 100% VF
- LCD screen – 3.2″ LCD
- Continuous shooting : 6 fps
- Improved durability & water and dust resistance
- Storage – Dual CF/SD Card Slots
- Video resolution : Full HD 1080
- Battery : LP E6
- Price: Around $3500 USD (RM10,000)