Many people have approached me and asked how I photograph a particular situation. I have tried to explain it in words but I don’t think it is effective. Here I am running a series of How did they do it. I hope it helps by providing some background information on how to take a particular situation illustrated by behind the scene shots.
1. Art direction – you need art direction to make a successful silhouette
2. Getting subjects to join you in the shoot. Try to make things interesting for the subjects otherwise they will be bored
3. For a successful silhouette, there must be a separation between the subjects
4. If there is not enough subject separation, the picture will look very confusing
5. Shoot in RAW, you can use the temperature slider to adjust a warm or cool sunset
6. Shift the temperature slider to the left and you will get a cool sunset
7. Try to incorporate some lead-in lines to lead the viewer in